Upcoming Workshops: Coming Your Way!
Career Chat N Chew Supper Club- Jackson Heights Food Walking Tour
Click here for tickets.
Wanna eat Tibetan momo in the back of a mobile phone store? How about try the very best in Nepali/Himalayan cuisine? Want to learn about some of the more than 90 different cultures residing in Jackson Heights Queens?
Get together with Jill and her community (career and loving-life oriented women in late 20s and 30s) for an jammin’ (read: relaxed) good time, as she takes you on one of her fabled food walking tours! We’ll visit the gathering places of 3 cultures and learn
$30 includes food, tax and tip at 3 different restaurants (Drinks not included).
Map with all locations, meeting place location and further information will be sent to participants the week of the event. Our group will be capped at 8 people to allow for seating and solid convo throughout, so snag your ticket now!
*Please indicate any food allergies in your registration OR by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Levo League: Personal Narrative 101: Powerfully Telling Your Story When You're New to the Workforce (Or Career)
We are constantly being told how important having a personal narrative is to interviewing and securing a job that we want to go to everyday. However, we don’t often hear about how to create and hone this personal story as a new entrant to the workforce or as somebody trying to change careers.
So how DO you put the proverbial pen to paper to create a lasting impression – both on paper and in person?
Join us at General Assembly and Levo League to learn the tips & tricks on how to create and share your personal story!
This workshop will be a combination of Q&A, individual work & group work. Perfect for recent grads, or millennials changing careers!
6:30 – 8:00 pm: presentation & group exercises
8:00 – 8:30 pm: Q&A
Click here for tickets.
Help to get into the field that fulfills you, using a strong personal narrative
Learn to create a strong story and delivery when you’re new and don’t have a lot of expertise or evidence of impact
Content prompts to begin brainstorming your story
Advice on delivery in various situations (informational interviews, real-life interviews, networking events & in your social circle)
Discover places and ways to share your story (CV, LinkedIn, cover letters)
Get Coached by BOULD! Career Change Done Right
You need a change! We hear you. But, the truth is there is no formula for making a career switch. It’s different for each person because we all have different experiences, skills, values and passions. We also each have a different tolerance for risk and different financial needs.
Nevertheless, with the right mindset and tools, you CAN change careers, and you can be healthy, happy and financially stable throughout the process.
Join us for a discussion where we’ll discuss the necessary elements to make a successful career change, such as:
MINDSET, FIGURING OUT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, CURRENT JOB EXIT STRATEGY, FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS & MORE.
After the panel, you’ll get to work with our coaches in a small group setting so you can dig deeper on your career change issues. You can ask specific questions, learn from others in your group on how they’re tackling career change, and brainstorm strategies that work best for you.
Click here for tickets.
I now offer specifically tailored group coaching for groups of 6-8 women.** Do you belong to a women’s group that discusses these topics anyway and would benefit from an un-biased outsider’s perspective? Does your company have seminars from time to time focused on the health and vitality of their employees? Are you just a group of gal pals that wants to talk through some of the salient issues with some wine & cheese?I come into companies, organizations and even groups of friends to provide tools, expertise and most importantly, SPACE, to test out new ideas and figure out new ways to do things.
Sample topic areas include:
- Career Advancement
- Work-Life Balance
- Working through Stress and Anxiety
- Communication Skills/Having Difficult Conversations
- Dealing With The Changing Nature of Relationships
- Crafting a Wellness Regimen
- Productivity & Time Management
**Can accommodate larger groups by bringing in additional coaches. Please email email@example.com for details.
Some of the benefits of group coaching include:
- Shared Knowledge: Work with your peers during the session and pick up on their experience to learn and create new frameworks and ways to approach the issues that matter to you most
- Interactive: This is not a ho-hum classroom format- expect to be engaged, moving around and getting those creative juices flowing!
- Future-Focused: Our session(s) together focus on getting you from here to there, so you can rest assured knowing you’ll leave the meeting with actionable items that you can implement immediately. We’ll even put a plan of action in place for you.
- Efficient: Leave the 2 hour program with your hands chock full of tips, suggestions and tools for how to move forward
- Cost Effective: The low client to coach ratio enables participation at a very affordable rate per person
SNAG THE JOB OF YOUR DREAMS…AND BE HAPPY, HEALTHY & FINANCIALLY SAVVY IN THE PROCESS
As citizens of ‘crazy busy’ and ‘insane’ New York City, our attention is constantly being pulled in a million directions at once. On any given day, we have the opportunity to choose among dozens and dozens of different activities, social engagements and networking functions, and it never seems to slow down. (How many times have you heard people talk about how busy they always are?) Throw in that itching feeling you’ve had for awhile of making a major career or job change and it can all start to feel overwhelming. This workshop is revolutionary in that it approaches you as a whole individual, complete with a complex set of values and often-conflicting priorities. In other words, how exactly do you set out to make a major life change without:
- Feeling lethargic or demotivated
- Feeling scattered or ‘all over the place’
- Finding it difficult to keep momentum going
- Finding yourself irritated by things that never seemed to bother you before
- Feeling that your mind and spirituality are not in sync with your physical body
This workshop is for you if you’re:
- Thinking of looking or actively looking for a new job in a new industry or field or looking to change careers altogether
- Unsure where to begin your search and what to tackle first
- Worried about other aspects of your life being disrupted by this change, including your health and well being, relationships and wallet
- Looking for a holistic approach to figuring out your next move and not interested in losing your values and sense of sanity in the process
- You’ve tried making a major career leap before but gave up, feeling deflated and demotivated
- Clarity on which aspects of your life are most important to you and why
- A roadmap, customizable to you, on how to take the next big leap in your career without feeling out of whack or out of balance
- Work with certified professional coaches and your peers going through the same thing for a robust exchange ideas
- Develop strategies that work for you and can be implemented today
- Each attendee is eligible for a free consultation with each of the 4 coaches post-event
- Create a financial plan to make your new career work within your budget
Your Coaches: Ashley Feinstein, Founder, KNOWING YOUR WORTH
Meghan Fitzgerald, Founder, THE YOU-FORIA EXPERIENCE
Danielle Mercurio, Founder, NEW YOU CITY COACHING
Jill Ozovek, Founder, JILL OZOVEK CAREER COACHING
Event Hashtag: #SnagBestLife
1/13: Levo League at General Assembly 10 E. 21st Street, New York, NY 6:30-8:30pm. Register here.
1/22: Wix Lounge Workshop 235 West 23rd Street, New York, NY 7pm-9pm. Click here for tickets.
CHANGE CAREERS OR GET YOUR NEXT JOB….USING LINKEDIN ONLY
Just kidding. My core belief is that changing careers and/or finding your dream job is the direct result of a tenacity through several different channels. LinkedIn, however, is a core component of this strategy. This workshop is for the professional who has a LinkedIn profile, regardless of how basic or advanced it might be, but isn’t quite sure what to do with it or if it’s up to snuff. This workshop will:
- Provide you with 23 tips to use to ensure you have a kick butt profile
- LinkedIn Premium or no? Perspectives on whether and when you need to shell out the extra dough
- Show you how to network like a rockstar using the service
- Give you other ideas for your job search, networking bonanza or career change strategy than you may have never considered.
But wait! There’s more! How often have you been to events or workshops with awesome applicable information that you forgot as soon as you got home? Or told yourself you’d ‘get to it later’? Well, no more! Bring your laptop, plug it in and update your profile in real time!
May 14, 2015 & May 26 (online and live conversations, respectively)
There has been no shortage of articles, books and media coverage surrounding women in the workplace- equal pay for equal work, advancement and promotion, “mansplaining “and more. It’s become readily apparent to anyone reading and internalizing this that she needs to advocate for herself and know her worth in order to be heard.
But what does that mean exactly? How exactly do we gauge and log our worth and package it in such a way that we get what we want and well, what we are worth?
We’re glad you asked. This jam session will bring you from relying on guesswork and your gut to an evidence-based, soft-skills-fueled plan of action to promote yourself internally at work and ask for (and get!) what you’re worth.
You will learn:
• How to craft your ‘hypothesis’ for what you’re worth
• Tools to interrogate the reality of your hypothesis and find any holes or gaps and pinpoint your core strengths
• Ways to objectively put value next to your actions and accomplishments at work
• How to package your findings for annual reviews and your personal brand
• Sample scripts to use when going in for the big conversation
You’ll leave this jam session with clear next steps on how to value your worth at work and by following this step-by-step guide, you’ll be ready to ask for what you’re worth.
FindSpark Mentoring and Speed Networking Night
Mentoring a speed networking and perfect your pitch night for young professionals and recent grads. Check it out at www.findspark.com/event/greet-smile-repeat-night-speed-networking/