When Patty Chang Anker, my guest on this week’s show, Working Through Your Own Fears and Resistance, said that thing about the permanent butt imprint in her sofa from all the lack of action back in the day, I laughed out loud. Like a guffaw on the show- because I know that feeling SO well.
The feeling of what it’s like to be stuck in your own inaction.
Of feeling momentum slow with every new Stranger Things episode you binge.
Soooo, in today’s show, I brought in the big guns- someone with very deep personal experience with resistance AND someone who has used that experience and her own tools and know-how to guide people from glued to their seat to making all kinds of moves they never thought possible.
Patty Chang Anker worked through her own battle with resistance and anxiety around various aspects of her life- and now she’s helping people chart their own journey. You’ll hear more of her story on the show.
We’re getting DEEP in this episode and you’re going to hear all kinds of ways to get out of your own way including:
- How to take the first step to get moving (it’s not as scary as you think)
- How to push through the fears, worry and sleepless nights in a way that might surprise you
- Understanding how to pinpoint what stories you’ve built up around yourself to keep you from reaching for something new – and how to break them down
- Easily being able to discern the difference between reality and the constructed reality of an office culture that might be holding you back
- Knowing when you’re putting yourself in a box (or being put in a box by your colleagues)
We are telling ALL KINDS of stories on this show- our own and anecdotes from clients – so you know when you’re listening to this that you’re not alone. Far from it- we’ve all got a resistance story or 12.
So what are you waiting for? Grab the episode and don’t forget to get the tool this month that walks you through how to break through your own resistance.
Show Notes (Timings are Approximate)
Patty Chang Anker’s Intro 2:40
First (TEENY) Step to getting unstuck 5:20
Resistance Trends 11:10
Resistance as an external force 21:00
Key techniques for resistance coaching 25:55
Resistance and Public Speaking 31:00
More Key Resources to Overcoming Resistance 38:30
Role of Past Failure and Success on our Present Decisions 42:00
Patty’s Info: Keep in Touch 46:00
Resources Mentioned On The Show:
Patty’s Site: www.pattychanganker.com