Raise your (virtual) hand if any of the following has happened in the last week:
- You slept til the last possible second, missing breakfast at home and forgetting the lunch you packed.
- You raced into work like a bat out of hell and were thrown into a series of meetings and forgot breakfast….and maybe lunch
- You set aside time for lunch but it got hijacked by a meeting or someone else’s agenda (And grab a listen to this episode on mindfulness and boundaries for additional resources on this)
- You were starving at work and only had sugary candy or salty crap to rely on
- You felt run down and/or exhausted.
I think most of us, myself included, have our virtual hands in the air right about now. The truth of the matter is that it’s EASY to have any of those scenarios happen, but before you spiral into the depths of despair over that, it’s also way easier than you think to stop that vicious cycle in its tracks.
Enter Jessica Cording, MS, RD, CDN and founder of Jessica Cording Nutrition. She works with individuals and corporations (like, maybe yours?) to help them feel better at work so that they can feel good, be productive and not want to crawl back into their bed the second they wake up in the morning.
We’re talking with Jess about lots of goodies today including:
- How to make breakfast work for you (even if you’re ‘not a breakfast person)
- Her favorite “Non-Sad Work Lunches” that are easy to make and filling. You can grab the full recipes here.
- Her story: how she got into this field (in case it’s a field of interest for you too!)
- How to meet yourself where you’re at, rather than trying to force huge changes overnight
- Changing nutrition habits in your 30s, when you can no longer have a 20 piece bucket of KFC and be fine the next day (No? Just me?)
So do yourself a solid on the way home from work tonight and take a listen to this week’s show. And then put ONE thing into place that you’ll try this week to help yourself FEEL BETTER with food. And comment in the comments below with what you chose and we’ll chat!
Listen to the episode by clicking the button below
Show Notes (Timings are Approximate)
Jess’s Intro: 1:50
Drama Free Healthy Living: 10:20
Jess’s guiding principles: 10:45
What I Ate Wednesday: 12:00
Nutrition – how does it impact career? 13:20
Entrepreneurs and Nutrition: 15:40
Blood sugar management 18:35
Nutrition baseline guiding principles: 20:50
The skinny on carbs: 24:20
Client success story: how someone turned it around…and how you can too: 25:55
Changing habits in your 30s: 28:50
Jess’s fave healthy eats dish: 32:15
How to find Jess + Rapid Fire Travel Questions: 33:30
Resources Mentioned in the Show
Jess’s Facebook Page for recipes and tips: https://www.facebook.com/JessicaCordingNutrition
Jess’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/jesscording
Jess’s site: http://www.jessicacordingnutrition.com/
Like what you heard? Be sure to subscribe to the podcast on Itunes here so you get each new episode when it’s released. And leave us a review there too!!